What is a Type IIR Face Mask?
Type IIR face masks EN14683 are medical face masks made up of a multi layer ply construction that prevents large particles from reaching the patient or working surfaces. Type IIR Face masks include a splash resistant layer to protect against blood and other bodily fluids. Type IIR face masks are tested in the direction of exhalation (inside to outside) and take into account the efficiency of bacterial filtration.
Characteristics of Type IIR face masks include:
- Pleat style with ear loops or ties
- Protective 3-layer construction
- Splash resistant layer against bodily fluids.
- Filtration Efficiency: EN14683:2019 Annex B >98%
- Breathability: EN14683:2019 Annex B <60Pa/cm²
- Splash Resistance: > 16kpa. ISO22609:2004
- Microbial Cleanliness: 20-25cfu/g ENISO11737-1:2018 <30cfu/g
- Biocompatibility: Conforms with requirements EN ISO10993-5:2009 and EN ISO10993-10:2013